- Aleene’s All Purpose Tacky Glue is the overall best choice when it comes to gluing pom poms. This glue is mostly used for craft works.
- Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive is good for fabrics. It’s 100% waterproof.
- Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue is good for heavy-duty fabrics.
- Gorilla Hot Glue Stick tops regarding durability.
There are so many types of best glues for pom poms available in the market. But why did we pick these four? To know the details join us in the detailed discussion.
- Best For Craft: Aleene’s All-Purpose Tacky Glue
- 100% Waterproof: Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive
- Best For Heavy-Duty Fabrics: Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue
- 5X Durability: Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks
Best Glue To Use For Pom Poms
You can use almost all types of craft glue for gluing pom poms. But the glue that’ll suit it the most depends on the type of crafting material it’ll be attached to. Also, you can look for best bottles for messy eater to maintain your child’s smooth eating.
Here we’ve got the best three glue suggestions for your pom pom craft. Let’s take a quick look-
|Aleene’s All Purpose Tacky Glue||Craft Projects||Check Here|
|Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive||Waterproof, fabric-based glue||Check Here|
|Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue||Heavy-Duty Fabrics||Check Here|
|Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks||Durability||Check Here|
Wish to know more in detail about these products? Then we invite you to our next sections where we’ve explained features, pros, cons, and why you should get it.
Best For Craft: Aleene’s All-Purpose Tacky Glue
Tacky glue is the most favorable option for attaching pom poms to any craft. Because it is thicker and has a higher viscosity level compared to regular glues.
One of the most popular options on the market for tacky glue would be Aleene’s All Purpose Tacky Glue. Let’s see the details of it.
- Material: Metal
- Ultra-tacky and white formula
- Compatible with: Paper products, ceramics, felt, foam, wood, metal, and nonwashable fabrics.
- Specialty: Dries clear
- Has high viscosity
- Becomes transparent once it dries
- Children friendly
- Can be used in various types of material. For example paper, fabric, and even light wood.
- Easy to remove. Only requires soap and water.
- Water and humidity resistant.
- Not usually used for heavy-material projects.
- Not waterproof.
- Not acid-free. So, it could do some damage on some surfaces.
Reasons You Should Get It:
Aleene’s All Purpose Tacky Glue is an excellent product for crafting materials. It’s well suited to work on fabrics, silk, paper, burlap, trimming, and even decorating jewelry.
So, it makes a good match for using pom poms. Especially on craft projects that are mainly decorative. It is kid-friendly as the product is non-toxic. The glue dries clear on any surface and doesn’t leave visible stains.
However, when picking this product, remember that it is not a waterproof glue. Although it can withstand moisture and humidity, it won’t hold up when submerged in water.
The glue is water soluble. So, if it gets wet the glue will wear down. For waterproof glue suggestions, we invite you to look at the rest.
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive
We’ve got another Aleene’s adhesive for suggestions to use on your pom poms. The name says it all. Let’s see what this glue has to offer for pom poms.
- Material: Urethane
- Compatible with: Cotton, Denim, Flannel, Leather, Jersey, Ribbon and trims, Sequins, and beads.
- Specialty: Self-adhesive, Washable, Non-Toxic, Dries clear, Low odor.
- Bonds permanently.
- Compatible with various materials.
- Machine and dry-washable
- Can be removed with soap and water before it dries.
- Requires heat to produce a strong bond
- Stiffens a little after drying when used on a fabric
- Might appear shiny and leave a whitish residue when dried on fabrics.
Reasons You Should Get It:
Aleene’s Fabric Fusion Permanent Fabric Adhesive is an excellent choice for use on pom poms. It is a fabric glue, but it works on various types of surfaces. Which makes it a perfect crafting glue.
Not only can you use it on fabrics, you can use it on rhinestones, beads, buttons, etc. For fabric, cotton, leather, flannel, and jersey fabrics are well-compatible with it.
It is both hand and machine-washable. The glue doesn’t wear out when exposed to water, unlike tacky glue. It’s non-toxic. So, it’s children-friendly.
However, there’s a complaint about the product that it doesn’t dry clear although the manufacturer claims it to be. So, it’s better to use it carefully so as not to make the dried sheen stand out.
Best For Heavy-Duty Fabrics: Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue
Gorilla is one of the prestigious companies that has been producing different types of Fabric glues for years. We’ve two glues to recommend you from this Brand.
Let’s start with Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue.
- Material: Glue
- Compatible with: Fabric, Felt, Beads, Wood, Canvas, Ribbon, Sequins, and more.
- Specialty: Waterproof, Washer/Dryer Safe, Permanent Bond
- Use between 50°F and 90°F (10°C and 32.2°C) for best results
- Cures fast.
- Makes durable bonding.
- Compatible with different types of materials.
- 100% waterproof.
- Dries clear on any surface.
- Works well with heavy-duty textiles.
- Can fix nonporous decorations like beads and sequins.
- Stays flexible even after a cleaning.
- Gives a short period of time to make adjustments as it dries within 1-5 minutes.
- If used too much it gets stiff and scratchy after drying.
- Not compatible with thin, delicate, or loose weave textiles.
- Fabrics that are not well-compatible are Satin, Velvet, Tulle, and Jersey Knit.
- Has a strong odor.
Reasons You Should Get It:
Gorilla Waterproof Fabric Glue is one of the best fabric glues you can find on the market. The customer reviews for this glue are quite satisfactory.
It makes permanent bonds over the materials. It is 100% waterproof. So, you won’t have to be worried about water exposure. If you want to glue your pom poms to fabric then it is the best choice.
Because fabrics often need to be washed. The glue dries clear so you won’t make the fabric look unnatural either. But there are a few fabrics that don’t go well with it.
Don’t use this glue if your fabric for pom pom is Satin, Velvet, Tulle, or Jersey Knit. the glue doesn’t cure on thin or delicate fabrics. It’s well-suitable for heavy fabrics like denim, felt, corduroy, etc.
If you’re to use it make sure to ventilate your room. The glue has a strong odor that dissipates when it dries.
5X Durability: Gorilla Hot Glue Sticks
Hot glue sticks can be used to glue your pom poms to any crafting project. because it offers a firm hold and dries quickly. And our pick for today is Gorilla Hot Glue Stick.
- Material: EVA
- All Temperature: Safe for both high and low-temperature glue guns
- Compatible with: Wood, Plastic, Metal, Glass, and more for high temperature and strong bond. Floral, Fabric, Foam, Jewelry, and more for low temperature and delicate material.
- Special Features: Highly durable, For indoor and outdoor use, Works on hard-to-bond surfaces.
- Highly durable
- Can be used for both heavy-duty and lighter projects
- 100% waterproof
- Works well in different ranges of temperature
- Has impact resistance
- Extended drying time can make last-minute adjustments but it can be inconvenient.
- Has to maintain temperature guidelines for both using and storing.
- Uneven glue sick-size
Reasons You Should Get It:
Gorilla Hot Glue Stick stands out for its exceptional strength and incredible durability. It’s said to be 5x more durable than any normal hot glue stick. And it’s fair to say it’s also the most durable glue among the other options we mentioned here.
It’s not bound to any specific type of material. You can use it on heavy-duty to lighter projects. It’s perfect for use on any craft work.
A special feature of this product is that you can use it at high or low temperatures. This is done to manipulate the bonding strength. High temperature is used for heavy work.
In high temperatures, the bond is stronger and works well on wood, metal, plastic, glass, etc. For fabric, it’s advisable to use low temperatures. Pom poms are mostly made out of fabrics.
So, when applying the Gorilla Hot Glue for gluing pom poms, use low-temperature glue guns. The product is weatherproof, waterproof, and has impact resistance. You can also look for best pacifier clip for avent soothie for extensive care for your child.
How To Pick The Right Glue For Your Craft
Picking the right glue for your craft material is a very important task. If the glue is incompatible with the materials the bond won’t be secured and can fall out any time.
It also plays a part in the visual aesthetics of your crafting project. If the glue harms the surface, mixes color, or dries too shiny then the end product won’t be visually pleasing.
To avoid these types of issues we’ve prepared some expert suggestions below.
Type Of Glue:
There are many types of glues available in the market. Knowing the variety will help you figure out which suits your project more. There are spray glue, gels, water-based, hardening glues, and hot glue sticks.
Not all types of glue are appropriate for crafting works. For example, hardening glues are used on heavy objects like metal, glass, wood, jewelry, etc. you’ll rarely see them used in a crafting project.
The most common list for crafting glues are water-based, fabric glues, tacky glues, and hot glue sticks.
Craft Material Type:
You have a list now of the potential glues for your crafting project. But not all of them are gonna be suitable for any material. For example, if you use water-based glue on fabric, it won’t work.
Similarly, you shouldn’t use hot glue on thin papers. So, your material matters when picking on a suitable glue for your project. Thankfully, there are plenty of specific material-compatible glues in the market.
For example, you can get paper glue for paper materials or tacky glue. For fabric material, it’s best to use fabric glues. You’d also have to be careful about toxic and non-toxic glues so that it doesn’t harm the fabric.
Hot glues have a wide range of material compatibility. Their specialty is blocking porous surfaces and creating a strong hold over materials. The temperature manipulation widens its range of usage even more.
The drying time of glue varies from one type to another. It’s drying and curing time is usually mentioned on the packaging. If you have an emergency with your project then it’s better to pick one that dries fast.
Some of the glues take a day or more to cure. So, make sure to check the drying process duration before buying glues.
How does the glue look after it dries completely? If it’s dried remains are visible then it’ll lower the aesthetics. Especially if it’s a decorative work.
Whether the glue dries transparent or not is mentioned on the packaging. Make sure to check this section before buying.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Does fabric glue stay after wash?
High-quality fabric adhesives do not wash off. If the bond starts to break apart after a few washes, the glue isn’t strong enough for the material. Or it could be that the glue wasn’t the best option for that specific fabric. Usually, the packaging mentions the type of fabrics compatible with the product.
How to undo fabric glue?
You can try tearing the bond between the fabric and the material. But this can result in harming the fabric. So, you can try heating the bonding area. Exposure to heat might mess up the internal bonding. In case, you want to remove the glue, don’t use glue that’s not waterproof.
What does the working time mean for glue?
The working time for glue refers to the time it takes for the glue to cure or dry. It’s the amount of time you have to align the components or substrates before the glue hardens. The time duration is usually mentioned in the product packaging.
That’s all from our side regarding the best glue for pom poms. Hopefully, this discussion will help you choose an excellent glue for the pom poms.
Make sure to wear gloves while using them if it’s a toxic type of glue. It’s best to avoid toxic glues however, if you must use them, go through the proper instructions.
More Related Guides
First, in terms of ...
If you are looking ...
There is no correct...
As a parent, keepin...